Bold labels are required.
Property Managers Can Be Held Liable for Your Injuries, Too
It is not uncommon for property owners of retail stores, strip malls and other businesses to sign contracts with management companies to provide regular maintenance and upkeep. In the event of an injury on a business or private property, property managers share a portion of the liability for compensating the victim for damages.
Property owners typically have responsibility for the safety of the public entering their premises for business, recreational or personal purposes. Property managers are often contractually obligated to meet these responsibilities on behalf of the owner. In most cases, this includes providing adequate security in parking lots and ramps, keeping repairs updated and removing hazards promptly if they become a danger to the visiting public. In the event snow, ice, standing water or other hazards cannot be removed immediately, the property manager's responsibility includes sufficiently warning the public to prevent a slip-and-fall accident.
Kansas City's Biggest Personal Injury Law Firm
Winning a premises liability claim against a property manager requires knowing the limits of liability and understanding contract law. Liability can often be placed at the feet of the property owner, manager and other third parties, including the developer.
The Kansas City slip-and-fall lawyers at Humphrey, Farrington and McClain have the professional and financial resources to thoroughly investigate and prepare your case to fight for a full and fair settlement or jury award if a trial becomes necessary.
We have experience in all types of premises liability claims against property managers, including:
- Retail store accidents
- Elevator, escalator and stairwell accidents
- Parking lot and parking ramp injuries
- School bus and school injuries
- Accidents at private residences
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Bar fights, assault injuries, insufficient security
- Mold, building contamination
Since we opened our doors in 1984, we have worked to become Kansas City's biggest personal injury law firm. We have secured more than $1 billion on behalf of our clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Contact us online or call 888-353-0491 to arrange a free consultation.
More On Premises Liability:
• Frequently Asked Questions About Premises Liability
• Trespassers and Premises Liability FAQ
• Keeping the Premises Safe
• Toxic Substances on the Property
• Criminal Acts by Third Parties
• Liability of Tenants & Landlords
• Liabilities of Contractors and Construction Companies